I go to New York several times a year, mainly to see family. Last weekend, I went to the Big Apple for my first bachelorette party. It was more like a girls’ weekend than anything else, and it was lovely.
For the first time, I:
- went to a four-star restaurant
- saw a Yankees game at Yankee Stadium
- saw crowd sourcing for the JumboTron at said Yankees game
- saw breakdancing on the subway
- had professional photos taken of me in my adult life
- was actually able to lead other people around on the subway
- went in a limo for non-funereal purposes
- stayed in a hotel in Times Square
I am pretty happy living in D.C. right now, but whenever I visit New York, I’m always sad to leave. A friend I saw just before I came back said I’ve made the city my second home. I’d like to think that’s true and that I’m currently in training for an eventual move there.